To build custom web applications with the potential to affect the world for good.
University of Central Florida — Orlando, FL
Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media — May 2011
• Learned the foundations of User Experience, Pseudocode, Information architecture, Semantic Content, Structured Content, and Accessibility.
Golf Channel — Orlando, FL
Senior Software Engineer — November 2014 – Present
• Design and develop features for the Golf Channel property GolfChannel.com.
• Implement sophisticated user interfaces using industry standard technologies and techniques.
• Support web servers and other servers via scheduled maintenance, performance tuning, and monitoring.
• Provide feasibility reviews for potential new projects, including development effort estimates.
• Build applications to agreed upon specifications within the required timeframe and budget.
• Architect new features in the Drupal and manage the implementation of all CMS features.
• Demonstrate deep understanding of LAMP performance and configuration
• Conduct peer-reviews of PHP application code, ensuring that all code complies with team standards
• Work with Database Developers to design new features with attention to performance and scalability
• Work with Customer Service and QA to identify and address reported issues quickly and effectively
• Create an abstracted, flexible system in Drupal 8 for building mega menus.
• Migrate GolfChannel.com to decoupled Drupal 8 and node.js application.
Camna, LLC — Fredericksburg, VA
Senior Web Developer — October 2012 – October 2014
• Work remotely from Orlando, FL.
• Implement custom designs into new or existing websites built on Drupal, WordPress, and ExpressionEngine.
• Develop custom plugins for Drupal, WordPress, and ExpressionEngine.
• Develop eCommerce websites using Drupal Commerce and WooCommerce.
• Create sub themes for Drupal and WordPress.
• Migrate contacts from legacy databases into CiviCRM.
• Perform complex upgrade of Drupal.
• Create an extension for CiviCRM to sync contacts with Campaign Monitor.
• Develop custom web applications in an MVC architecture using CodeIgniter.
• Integrate Doctrine into CodeIgniter with a custom wrapper library.
• Consult with enterprise organizations.
• Introduce and implement Git into the development process.
• Learn basic server administration and configuration of Ubuntu Server, Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
• Construct and Implement an Information architecture strategy.
• Consult on User Experience.
• Develop websites using best practices for structured content.
RELEVANT Media Group — Orlando, FL
Digital Development Director — January 2010 – October 2012
• Developed a custom PHP content management system for updating the content in the custom email newsletters.
• Created custom Joomla! themes and plugins for Reject Apathy.
• Created a custom Joomla! application for subscribers to access their premium content.
• Consulted with company executives on the strategy for the next version of RELEVANT Magazine.
• Developed forty custom Drupal modules to achieve the needed functionality of the new version of RELEVANT Magazine including: subscription management, gated premium content, magazine archive, database performance, legacy content display, content authoring experience, social login, ecommerce and custom commenting.
• Created a custom eCommerce site built on Ubercart.
• Assisted in the Migration from Joomla! to Drupal.
• Led the the Digital Development team.
• Introduced and implemented Git into the development process.
• Constructed and Implemented an Information architecture strategy utilizing structured content.
• Consulted on User Experience.
First Baptist Church of Venice — Venice, FL
Digital Manager — March 2008 – January 2010
• Designed and constructed the church’s web presence on an existing, custom content management system.
• Assisted with ofﬁce and digital media needs
Photo Tech Investments Inc. —Venice, FL
Digital Manager — April 2004 – August 2008
• Developed eCommerce websites using 3dcart for PhotoShipper and InkShipper.
• Developed a custom WordPress theme utilizing SlideShowPro Director for Turner Photography.
• Created content for entire web presence.
• Managed the social media accounts for all properties.
• Managed order fulfillment and customer service.